Translate

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Craigslist Ups & Downs

Craigslist Ups & Downs

 I have used Craigslist.org for over 5 years now. It has helped me throughout my travels. 

You never know what are the major newspapers when you are moving between cities. Using Craigslist has eliminated the need to buy 5 papers to get the best classifieds. This is great except for the fact that everyone is not computer literate. So, I still could have missed out on many career opportunities if I would have not also bought the local publications.


The best thing about Craigslist is that it is free. That really gives no one room to complain about the services. Yet, this is a free digital world and I will cry if I want to.


One thing that drives me crazy is the amount of spam on CL. I flag spam regularly and still the same jackass posts the same ad 20 minutes later. They should really invest on blocking an IP address or e-mail address once that person is reported and the reports have been confirmed. At least make them work to spread the spam funk.


I appreciate the complete lack of popup ads and advertising. This really makes a viewer feel like they are at the right place for the right reason. Not just someone lured onto yet another site to increase the revenue of pay per click employees.


Craigslist reminds me of my grandfather. They built something great but they do not want to change a thing because they feel like it could ruin what they have. If I could give them advice it would be not to let the times pass you by. You could get left behind in a nursing home waiting for your final demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment